Before you can set up your workflow, your app integration
django-river must be done. Don’t worry it
is with the easiest setup.To see how to do it with
django-river pleas have a look at
In order to see this page, your user has to have
Creating a workflow consist of defining its intiial state and the state field along with the content type and later on the transitons buy just clicking.
- if you haven’t had any worklow before,
Homepage will wellcome you with a button which will take yo to the workflow creation page. If you have had a workflow before then just click the plus button on the right bottom corner to navigate to the page.
- Pick the workflow that you have had the integration with
- Pick the initial state of your workflow and lastly hit the create button
This is the most fun part of
River Admin. Becuase
it provides a highly interactive one screen to create them all.
Every change you make on that screen is an online action. Meaning that it will also be applied on the DB.
Same screen can anytime be used to update the transitions in the workflow as well
- What you are going to run into after you have done the previous steps is something like this;
- This interface expects you to click the rectangles which are representing the transition states to create next state out of them. Simply click them and that will change their color so that you can understand you managed to select